Friday, March 12, 2021

Piece of Advice

      It was a very sunny and wet day at my sister, Chelsea's, farm. I was working there for about a week. Chelsea is twelve years older than me and moved out when I was in first grade, so we have a more awkward sisterly relationship. It was the third day working with her and I was following her around picking flowers for the bouquets she sells. The bright yellow and pink snapdragons were growing in netting so they grow up tall and straight and we had to be gentle taking them out. I had my gardening scissors snipping away and plucking them out of the netting. One of them was stuck in the netting, and I had a tough time trying to get them out, so I suddenly jerked it upward, getting it free. Chelsea's eyes widen, "don't do that!" she yells. I jump. I didn't expect her to burst like that. "I was frustrated! It wasn't coming out!" I say defensively. "You should always apologize. Never give excuses," she tells me. "...I'm sorry," I apologize. "It's okay. I'm sorry for snapping at you," she responds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beach

 A short story George ran out of the woods, terrified. The thing that was chasing him wasn’t human, he knew. It moved like nothing he’s seen...