Friday, February 26, 2021

Personal Narrative 1

     Ever since I was little, I showed horses every summer along with my older sisters, Chelsea and Corrie, at the Genesse county campgrounds. When I was around six and Corrie thirteen, I had a friend around my age at one of those horse shows. One very hot and dry day, Corrie was watching me while my friend and I played tag. We just got out of the pool after a long day of showing and were dripping wet. In our t-shirts and shorts, we ran throughout the dusty horse barn, the dirt clinging to us as we chased each other in laughter. I ran out of the barn first, clearly faster than my friend. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain land on my back. He threw a rock at me! I was hurt both physically and emotionally. I’m now on the ground crying as his mom and my sister run over. Corrie is panicking because she was supposed to watch me and not let me get hurt. His mom made him apologize and my sister made us hug, but I was glaring at her the whole time. After that, my little six-year-old self blocked him from my life, and I completely avoided him until I never saw him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beach

 A short story George ran out of the woods, terrified. The thing that was chasing him wasn’t human, he knew. It moved like nothing he’s seen...